A waist trainer size chart helps you to get a right size waist trainer for yourself. All waist trainer brands know the important of size chart and therefore they provide a specific size chart prepared by waist trainer experts. When you have the waist trainer in correct size, only then you can wear it for long hours comfortably as well as get effective results.
What is a waist trainer size chart?
A waist trainer size chart is a table showing various waist trainer sizes with corresponding waist sizes, hip sizes and torso length. The waist trainer brands make waist trainer corsets, cinchers, trimmers, body shapers and shapewears in different sizes from XX-small to 8X-large to meet the waistline and hipline of average women, plus size women, short torso women and long torso women. Therefore I strongly advice you to consider the waist trainer size chart to find a correct waist trainer size for yourself or your spouse.
How to Measure for a Waist Trainer
You need to learn how to measure for a waist trainer before you consider the the size chart. It means that you should measure your midsection to know your waist size, hip size and other body parts as required. Your natural measurements will help you to know the exact waist trainer size you need for a perfect fit. Here I provide a few steps to measure your waistline and others body parts for a waist trainer corset/cincher as under.
#1. Get a Tape Measure for Accuracy:
You should get a tape measure for accuracy in your waist measurements. The tape measure is very useful to get accurate measurement of any thing, person or your own body parts. In order to measure your body for a waist trainer, you should get a soft tape measure that is flexible enough to encircle your body and does not hurt your skin while taking measurements.
#2. Don’t Rely on Cloth Size and Don’t Measure Over the Clothes:
You should not rely on cloth size as it defines the size of clothing that fits on you and not your actual waist measurements. You should also not measure your waist, hips and other parts over the clothes as it won’t be the accurate measurements.
Your current cloth size is useful to find a new pair of clothes or dress in right size but the same is not useful to get a right size waist trainer. Therefore you must not rely on your cloth size and avoid taking your body measurements over the clothes. So, you may wonder, “How do I measure for a waist trainer?” and I have given the answer for your question in the next step.
#3. Measure Your Underbust, Waistline and Hipline
You should measure your underbust, waistline and hipline with the help of the tape measure. Out of the 3 measurements, your waistline is the most important measurement for a waist trainer. However, the waist trainer experts recommend to measure all 3 body parts to find a perfect waist trainer corset or cincher that fits properly around your midsection. Now I will explain the steps to measure your underbust, waistline and hipline respectively.
[I] How to measure your underbust:-
In order to measure your underbust size, you should have a soft tape measure and a mirror in front of which you can stand. Make sure that you are measuring on bare skin to get accurate measurements. Just follow the steps given below to measure your underbust for a waist trainer.
- Place the tape measure on your underbust line where your bra band would stay when you wear it.
- Stand in front of the mirror to see and verify that you are measuring it correctly.
- Set the tape measure around your underbust in 360-degrees and keep it parallel with your bra band.
- Hold it firmly when checking your underbust size to get the accurate measurement.
- Note down your underbust line measurement on a paper.
[II] How to measure your waistline:-
You have to measure your waistline to get a right size waist trainer for yourself. Your waistline is very important as you need to find a waist trainer size that matches with your waistline. Make sure that you are measuring your waist on bare skin i.e. not over any cloth. If you are ready for waist measuring then check the steps given below.
- You need to measure your waistline i.e. the narrowest part of your waist which is usually located 1-inch above the navel/belly button.
- Place the tape measure above your navel and stick its other end around your waist. Stand in front of mirror to take accurate measurements.
- Keep your stomach in relaxed condition, don’t squeeze it in while measuring your waistline.
- Keep the tape measure snug fit around your waist, make sure that it is neither tight nor loose.
- Check your waistline size on the tape measure and note it down on the paper.
[III] How to measure your hipline:-
You need to consider the top part of your hips to measure your hipline with the tape measure. Your hipline is located between your navel (belly button) and the groin, you should measure it on bare skin and not over the cloth. Here are the steps to help you for measuring your hipline for a waist trainer.
- Take the tape measure in hands and stand in front of the mirror.
- Place one end of the tape measure on side edge of your one hip (iliac crest). The iliac crest is the curved part at the top of your hip.
- Place the tape measure on above one hip and take it around your body to the top of other hip.
- Move the tape measure towards front without losing the track of hipline.
- Make sure that the tape measure is parallel to the ground/floor.
- Check your hipline measurement and note it down on the paper.
#4. Measure Your Torso Length
You must measure your torso length to know if you need a long torso waist trainer or a short torso waist trainer. The waist trainer brands make high quality waist trainer with different heights to fit on long torso women, short torso women and medium/balanced torso women. Therefore it is important to measure your torso length before you start searching a waist trainer for yourself. Kindly, follow the steps given below to measure your torso in an ideal way.
- Take the tape measure and lie down on a flat surface.
- Start from under your breast and take it straight down to top of your thigh. You should measure it from under left breast to left thigh or from under right breast to right thigh.
- Measure it 2 to 3 times to get accurate measurement of your torso.
- Note down your torso length on the paper.
#5. Measure Your Bust/Chest for an Overbust Waist Trainer
You need to measure your bust/chest only when you want to buy an overbust waist trainer. Most waist trainers cover your midsection from underbust to lower abdomen and half of your back up to the hipline. But some waist trainers also cover your breasts to keep them in shape with firm control. If you want an overbust waist trainer corset, cincher, body shaper or shapewear then you must measure your bust/chest with the help of some simple steps given below.
- Take the tape measure and stand in front of the mirror.
- Wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your bust/chest, keep it under your arms.
- Make sure you measure your bust at its fullest part i.e. at nipple level and the tape measure is parallel with the ground.
- Check your bust/chest size measurement and note it down on the paper.
#6. Measure Your Butt/Hips for a Waist Trainer Butt Lifter
You should measure you butt/hips if you are willing to buy a waist trainer butt lifter. It means that you want a waist trainer that reduces your waistline and also lift your buttocks. For that, you need to find a butt lifter waist trainer in the size matching with your butt size. Your hipline is measured at the top of hips, while your butt size is measured at the widest point of your buttocks. Here I provide some easy steps to measure your butt/hips as follows.
- Take the tape measure in hands and stand straight with keeping your feet together.
- Standing in front of the mirror will make it easier for you to take accurate butt measurement.
- Wrap the tape measure around your hips and measure the widest point/part and keep the tape measure parallel with the ground.
- Check your full length butt size and note it down on the paper.
Consider Waist Trainer Size Chart to Find a Right Size Waist Trainer
You should consider the waist trainer size chart to find a waist trainer in your size. After taking measurements of your waistline and other body parts, you know your accurate waistline, underbust and hipline. You also know your bust size and butt measurements. Now, you can find a right size waist trainer for yourself by consider the waist trainer size chart provided by the manufacturer.
Every waist trainer comes with an official size chart that shows the different sizes available for end users. It also shows the corresponding waist sizes for size of that waist trainer. Here I provide a few waist trainer size chart examples to help you understand it better.
Corset Waist Trainer Size Chart
Long Torso Waist Trainer Size Chart
Butt Lifter Waist Trainer Size Chart
The waist trainer size charts I have shared above are for example purposes only. The waistline, butt/hips and other measurements of these charts may not match with your waist trainer. Because every waist trainer brand and mode has a different size chart than the other. Therefore you should check the waist trainer size chart of your selected waist trainer to choose the right size for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
The waist trainer size chart is easy to understand for everyone. However, you should know how to measure for a waist trainer to take accurate measurements of your waistline and other parts. Thereafter you can select a waist trainer in your compatible size with the help of its official size chart. Here I provide some FAQS about waist trainer size chart to clear your confusion and make your purchase easier.
What size waist trainer do I need?
You need a right size waist trainer that matches with your natural waistline or nearest to your waist measurements.
What size waist trainer should I get if my exact waist size is not available?
You should get a small size waist trainer if you want a tight fit and get a large size waist trainer if you want a comfort fit. This question occurs when your selected waist trainer does not have an exact size to your waistline but a smaller size and a larger size near your waist size. So, you should get a smaller/larger size waist trainer to get tight/comfortable fitting on your waist.
What measurements does a waist trainer size chart include?
A waist trainer size chart includes mainly waist measurements as well as bust measurements, hips measurements and height measurements (torso length). It depends upon the waist trainer type and its coverage area.
I am between two sizes of the waist trainer size chart, what should I do?
When you are between two sizes of the waist trainer size chart, you should pick the waist trainer size that is closest to your waist size. For example: Your waistline is 32.8-inch and the waist trainer size chart shows 30-32 and 33-35 sizes. Here, the 33-35 size is closest to your waist size i.e. 32.8-inch, so you should select the larger size waist trainer (33-35-inch).
In order to get the best waist training results, you have to choose the best waist trainer in right size. That’s why I have explained everything about a waist trainer size chart and its importance above. At the end, I advice you to measure your waistline, hips/butt size and torso length accurately and consider the waist trainer size chart for buying the most effective waist trainer in correct size for shaping your body. For further queries regarding waist trainer size chart, ask me in the comment box, I will be happy to answer your queries.